Reaching Underserved Populations
What we do:
We work to ensure that cultural competency, through a health equity lens, is integrated into your social marketing program. Why? Because effective two-way communication is critical for effective public health practices. Engaging the community in your interventions and understanding the nuances, preferences, cultural practices, and communication style of the target audience are the first steps toward building healthier communities.
We will work with you to improve program outcomes and reduce health disparities through community engagement, cultural competency trainings, technical assistance, and the translation and trans-adaptation of educational resources. We have experience working with low-income Latinos, African Americans, American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Asian Americans (Chinese, Hmong, and Vietnamese). Our team of bilingual (Spanish and English) health educators engage with community members to teach nutrition concepts and skills using adult learning principles.
We can help you:
- Create and implement effective social marketing interventions
- Develop targeted resources and pilot projects
- Design program evaluation protocols for ethnic specific communities
- Reach people through a variety of channels, including churches, health service providers, and community-based organizations
- Translate and culturally adapt resources and materials
- Design and implement comprehensive nutrition education curriculum
Interested in learning more?
Please contact CWN at email@example.com or 916.265.4042 x0.
Want to see more?
Check out Our Work to see some of our award-winning resources designed to reach these populations.