Reaching Our Youth to Create Healthy Change
What we do:
We work with underserved youth to systematically integrate nutrition and physical activity opportunities in school, after school, and community settings, and we build genuine partnerships with young people as change agents who have an important voice in creating healthy community change. We believe in the importance of creating a sound path to support the growth, skills, and abilities of young people and can train your team to do the same. Youth voice and buy-in is imperative to building sustainable healthy communities.
Our experts can guide your team to effectively work with youth and the schools, youth serving organizations, and communities that support them to improve health and reduce obesity and other diet-related chronic diseases. We have extensive experience working with the award-winning Harvest of the Month™ and Power Play! campaigns, Youth-led Participatory Action Research (YPAR) model, PhotoVoice, career pathways, and farm to school initiatives.
We can help you:
- Create and evaluate strategies to promote and institutionalize healthy eating and physical activity in schools and after school programs
- Integrate the evidence-based, award winning programs Harvest of the Month™ and Power Play! campaigns in your Elementary School Program
- Train your staff to engage young people through a YPAR project to guide them in efforts to create healthier environments
- Teach organizations strategies and techniques to increase youth voice and leadership in programs
- Work with young people to create compelling messaging and framing around health equity and policy, systems, and environmental change work
Interested in learning more?
Please contact CWN at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916.265.4042 x0.
Want to see more?
Check out Our Work to see some of our award-winning resources designed to reach children and youth.